From Munching to Meals. Savory to Sweet.
Craving something tasty to eat on the go? You’re in luck. You’ll find plenty of freshly made, wallet-friendly food from the kitchens of local favorites. Here are just a few suggestions to chew on:
- Discover a world of flavors at Global Gyros in Schaumburg, including a tender Greek pork gyros and spicy cilantro/jalapeno hummus.
- Or get a taste of the popular Chicago-style dog from Firehouse Dogs in Schaumburg (Voted best hot dog in Illinois by Travel and Leisure).
- Savor an authentic Pad Thai topped with sweet, fresh shrimp at the Bangkok Café in Arlington Heights.
- Bite into a classic Italian Beef sandwich, tender and juicy, with giardiniera peppers at Johnnie’s Beef in Arlington Heights. (It’s cash-only.)
- Get your Tex-Mex fix with the Enchiladas Lunch at Grande Jake’s in Rolling Meadows.
- It’s hard to forget the nutty, salty, caramel-ly turtle sundae at Comet Frozen Custard in Rolling Meadows.
- The Chicago-style hot dog with hand-cut fries is the real deal at Doctor Dogs in Roselle.
- Stop by Shorty’s in Wood Dale for their signature Greek chicken breast salad and chili-cheese fries.
- The homemade falafel and marinated schwarma (spit-roasted beef and lamb) sandwiches are standouts at Mazmez Middle Eastern Grill in Elk Grove Village.
- Don’t miss the extraordinary Boston Cream donut (one of 27 made-from-scratch varieties) at the Donut Drop in Schaumburg.
- Put together two favorites on one bun with the chili cheese hot dog at The Original Nana’s in Streamwood.
- Jarosch Bakery in Elk Grove Village makes some of the best gourmet cupcakes, including the popular banana cream pie cupcake.
- The meat’s piled high on the towering Gypsy Ham sandwich at Helen’s Deli in Wood Dale.
- The homemade sweet cheese pierogi is burnished with butter at Tata’s Pierogi in Elk Grove Village.