from: Francesca's Tavola
6(L)-8(D) oz Cooked Pasta [any long noodle] 1 oz Vegetable Oil 1 tsp Garlic (chopped) Pinch Red Chili Flakes 1 oz White Wine 2 oz Chicken Stock 1 Tbsp Butter 1 Tbsp Alouette Salt & Pepper to taste 1 oz Tomato - Roma(chopped) 1/2 oz Spinach 1/2 tsp Italian Leaf Parsley (chopped) 1 oz Parmesan (grated) 1 tsp Basil (chiffonade) 3 1/2 oz Fagattaro Sauce 2 oz Mozzarella (fresh, hand torn) 1 piece Basil Leaf 1 1/2 oz Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Plating Directions (single serving):
- Heat vegetable oil in saute pan.
- Add garlic and chili flakes and sweat (30 secs.).
- Deglaze with white wine and let evaporate.
- Add chicken stock and bring to a simmer.
- Fold in butter and alouette.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with salt & pepper as needed.
- Add pasta, tomato, spinach, 1 oz of olive oil, parsley, parmesan and basil. Toss gently.
- Plate pasta in 12" wide-rim bowl (L) or 10" round rimless bowl (D).
- Top with Fagattaro sauce.
80 oz Tomato 4x5 1 oz Garlic (chopped) 1 oz Basil (chopped) 12 oz Tomato Juice 8 oz Extra Virgin Olive Oil Salt & pepper to taste
Fagattaro Sauce Directions:
- Blanch tomatoes quickly and remove casing.
- Remove excess water from tomatoes by squeezing.
- Meanwhile, heat 1/2 oz oil in saute pan. Sweat garlic.
- Rough chop half of tomatoes.
- Place the remaining tomatoes(cooked), garlic, basil, tomato juice, olive oil and salt & pepper in blender, blend until smooth.
- Combine chopped and pureed tomatoes in a separate mixing bowl and mix well.
- Taste & adjust seasoning with salt & pepper, as needed.
- Prepare fresh daily.
Special thanks to Francesca's Tavola for sharing this recipe. Please support them by checking out their curbside pick-up options and order today!