The Midwest is home to some of the best fall activities in the country and the Chicago Northwest is no exception! From pumpkin patches to farmers markets, you’ll have your schedule completely booked this season. The following 5 activities span across the entire region, with many occurring outdoors in the crisp, autumn air.
- Get your hands on delicious, warm drinks and apple cider donuts at Goebbert’s Fall Festival. The annual event runs through Halloween and is a great place for families to come and have a great fall day. Enjoy animals, watch a pig race, see the famous Pumpkin Eating Dinosaur, have some lunch and pick out a pumpkin. There are plenty of attractions for the whole family! Also make sure to stop by for some tasty treats.
- Pumpkin flavored comedy is being brought to you by Laugh Out Loud Comedy Theater. Four spicy improvisers will create a show right before your eyes this Fall.
- The world’s most lifelike puppets grace the operatic and musical stage. Visit Rolling Meadows’ Opera In Focus to watch A Halloween Spooktacular! The show features three different haunting classics including Phantom of the Opera. Reservations are required.
- Gather your ghoulfriends, little ghosts, and goblins for this animal-filled event. Dress up in your costume to check out Boo! at the Zoo at Brookfield Zoo! The creatures, creepy crawlers, and haunting decorations make for perfect family photo ops. The Halloween-themed event is great for all ages and everyone will leave with a sweet treat. Boo! at the Zoo is spooky, safe, and socially distant.
- Who is the killer?! Get dinner and a thrilling night of fun at a Dinner Detective Murder Mystery Show. The interactive murder event is set in present day and based on real cold cases. Expect a great time but beware… the culprit is hiding somewhere in the room, and you may find yourself as the detective’s prime suspect.
Check out more Fall inspired events on our full calendar. Tag your visit with #ChicagoNW on social media – we love to see the fun you are having!