SCHAUMBURG, Ill. (May 18, 2023) – Simon (NYSE:SPG), a global leader in premier shopping, dining, entertainment and mixed-use destinations, today announced the anticipated September opening of performance lifestyle brand Athleta at Woodfield Mall. Known for its premium performance apparel, designed by women for women, Athleta adds another high-profile name to Woodfield Mall’s robust athleisure offerings.
In other news, ethically-sourced diamond jeweler Clean Origin is scheduled to open its first Chicago-area showroom at Woodfield Mall later this month. This will be only the sixth physical location nationally for the predominantly online retailer, specializing in clean, conflict-free diamond engagement rings and jewelry.
Additional upcoming openings at the market’s largest shopping center include Chinese eatery China Wok and Earthbound Trading Co., featuring unique clothing, accessories, décor, and gifts for “free spirits and curious souls.”
- Clean Origin – lab-grown diamonds; anticipated opening, May, lower-level Nordstrom wing, next to Dr. Martens
- Athleta – versatile premium women’s performance and lifestyle apparel; anticipated opening, September, upper-level Nordstrom wing, across from The North Face
- Earthbound Trading Co. – men’s and women's apparel and accessories, homewares, bath and body, crystals, candles, and essential oils; anticipated opening, October, upper-level Nordstrom wing, next to Apple
- China Wok – classic Chinese dishes with an American twist; anticipated opening, July, lower-level Nordstrom wing, across from Red Robin
- GNC – vitamins and supplements, weight management, beauty and skin care; opened April 12, lower-level, JCPenney wing, next to JDSports
- MINISO – household and consumer goods, including cosmetics, stationery, toys, and kitchenware; opened May 2, lower-level JCPenney wing, next to Windsor
- Tapville Social – self-pour wine and beer, cocktails, light bites, and non-alcoholic beverages; opened May 3, upper level, Dining Pavilion
Bonni Pear, The Motion Agency